Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blast From the Past

I find it so ironic that just as I get back into my Spanish immersion obsession, I get a LinkedIn request from my foreign exchange buddy. About 10 years ago, my family hosted an exchange student. Then, later on that year, I went to her country and stayed with her family.

I haven't spoken to her in years, and it's so funny that she found me on LinkedIn. In fact, it looks like she found my dad on LinkedIn and then found me. Strange.

In my excitement, I accepted her request and then proceeded to write her an email. She speaks English very well, but I wanted to write in Spanish. Boy, do I need practice.

My goodness it took me a long time to get through that simple email. How embarrassing for me. I mean, it's been 10 years and I am still struggling to write an email?!?! Maybe I am too hard on myself, but I really need to get it together. But honestly, I am secretly hoping she writes back in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment